The Arbor— celebrating daily moments of purpose and meaning
The Arbor is a secure, specially designed memory care neighborhood where residents with Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of dementia have the opportunity to enjoy a dignified lifestyle. Our care model is designed to deliver personalized, high quality care to each resident. While the stages of Alzheimer’s disease are predictable, each person’s journey through the disease is unique. Our goal is to deliver holistic care through a person-centered approach to ensure residents enjoy supportive and fulfilling daily experiences.
Comfortable surroundings and innovative programming
Alzheimer’s disease causes changes in thinking, reasoning, logic, motor and sensory function. Our progressive approach to the design of the Arbor was to redefine the resident care model away from the traditional concept of a memory care environment. The neighborhood is bright and spacious to promote easy navigation for a familiar, comfortable environment. Innovative technology and programming enable our care partners to provide personalized care, bringing peace of mind to residents and their loved ones. The neighborhood provides a multisensory therapeutic environment through the use of textures, lights, sounds, scents, and activities that will stimulate the senses for memory recollection. Residents have access to the secured outdoor living space, where they can plant colorful flowers under supervision or relax in the covered shade and enjoy the mountain air!
Meal times encourage nutrition and socialization
Residents of the Arbor enjoy every meal in their private dining room, complete with linens and music. Residents are served family style meals on bright-colored dinnerware and can benefit from alternative dining accommodations, including specially prepared easy-to-eat meals.
Partnership with families
Family support is an essential part of our program, so we encourage families to visit or call often. Care partners communicate regularly on the progress of your loved one. Upon move-in, the community nurse will meet with each resident and loved ones to create an individualized care plan based on daily routines and preferences. We gather historical information and life experiences so our care partners can implement a person-centered care approach. Team members utilize the care plans to ensure each resident receives the right amount of supportive care and enjoys fulfilling daily experiences.
Our care partners are chosen for their compassionate spirit and experience in providing dignified care for each resident. They receive initial and on-going teaching on the approach and care of seniors living with Alzheimer’s disease or other dementias.
- 24-hour access to assistance and supervision by certified nursing assistants
- Medication assistance provided by state certified medication aides
- On-site professional nurse
- Safety features throughout the community
- State-of-the-art fire alarm and sprinkler system
- Surveillance system in common areas and grounds
- Assistance with daily activities including grooming, bathing, dressing, transferring, and personal care
- Support with morning and evening routine
- Personalized care plan and intervention with a change in condition
- Diabetes management for a nominal fee
- Hydration program
- Spacious floor plans; utilities included (except phone)
- Formal dining room and comfortable gathering area
- Dining options with three home-cooked meals daily
- Dining experience tailored for each resident
- Healthy snacks offered twice daily
- Activities room
- Weekly housekeeping and laundry service
- Optional on-site salon services
- Access to secured and supervised outdoor living space
- Home health services: nursing services and on-site physical, occupational, and speech therapy by outside provider
Daily activities such as…
- Resident socials, musical entertainment, crafts
- Weekly devotion, Bible study and on-site church service
- Chair exercise, ball exercise, and dancing
- Pet therapy, meditation, music therapy
- Celebration of birthdays and holidays with family and friends
- Brain games and reminiscing
- Visiting local physician
- Home health care
- Support groups
- Volunteers and civic organizations