About Our Assisted Living Community
Supportive services in home-like surroundings
Dahlonega Assisted Living and Memory Care is licensed as an Assisted Living Community, enabling us to deliver expanded care to residents. Consequently, residents often remain living with us without ever having to move. We provide assistance with every day activities such as bathing, dressing, cooking, and medication management. At Dahlonega Assisted Living and Memory Care, certified nursing assistants are available around-the-clock to provide assistance and care. No need to worry about the daily grind of a medication regimen. Our state-certified medication aides are trained to administer medications and provide basic diabetes management. We offer a variety of services to ensure residents receive the appropriate level of assistance while honoring their desire for continued independence and personal growth.
Dahlonega Assisted Living was designed with residents in mind. Every feature of the community was considered so residents will enjoy living in a safe and supportive home while having the opportunity to enjoy delicious home-cooked meals and socialization with fellow residents. Residents can make each day theirs to participate as much as they would like in our clubs, programs, and activities.
Concerned about safety? We have a 24-hour surveillance system throughout the common areas and community grounds. Key-pad access has been implemented at the doors for night-time security. During inclement weather, we are equipped with an emergency generator and other supplies on hand to ensure our residents remain safe and comfortable.
We consider each resident to be a part of our family. Each resident has a special life journey to share- hobbies, past occupation, family, and unique life experiences. Upon move-in, the community nurse will perform a wellness assessment and find out more about meal preferences, daily routine, and how much assistance is required. A care plan will then be created with each resident to ensure we are providing the right amount of care and support.
- One-level community with stunning mountain views
- Safety features throughout the community
- State-of-the-art fire alarm and sprinkler system
- Surveillance system in common areas and grounds
- Beauty/barber shop
- Landscaped courtyards and patios
- Spacious floor plans; utilities included (except phone)
- Formal dining room and great room with fireplace
- Exercise room, game room, library, activity room, Bistro
- Gathering spaces for social interaction and relaxation
- 24-hour access to assistance and emergency response by certified nursing assistants
- State-of-the-art emergency notification system with bathroom pull-cords and personal pendants
- Assistance with activities of daily living such as grooming, bathing, personal assistance, and dressing
- Assistance with morning and evening routine
- Medication reminders and assistance by certified medication aide
- Diabetes management
- Dining options with three home-cooked meals and two snacks daily
- Specialized diets
- Weekly housekeeping and linen/laundry service
- Weekly scheduled transportation to shopping
- Maintenance services
- On-site professional nurse
- Personalized care plans and intervention with change in condition
- Home Health Services including nursing and physical, occupational and speech therapy by outside provider
- Social activities and programs for the body, mind, and spirit
Daily activities such as….
- Fitness programs: chairexercise, yoga, walking, stretching
- Emotional health programs: brain games, meditation, reflection
- Social Programs: games, socials, holiday celebrations, clubs
- Spiritual Programs: Bible study, church service, music
- Community Outreach: volunteer programs
- Visiting local physician
- Home health care
- Support groups and local churches
- Volunteers and civic groups
We welcome local churches to offer church service in our community.
Residents maintain their choice to continue health care services with their preferred physician.